Friday, April 5, 2013

The Enso: Letting Go



An old sub and a young sub where serving their Sire his nightly cup of coffee. The old sub presented it, just as he liked her to, just as she had so many nights before. And as was tradition, he accepted it. But this time… when the Dom tried to take the cup from her the old sub wouldn't let go and gently pulled the cup away from him. “Let go of the cup!” The Dom said forcefully. The old sub, timidly and in her most humble voice looked down at the ground and said “The cup is hot and I don’t want you to burn you’re self so please forgive me Sire for not letting go and take the cup by the handle.” The Dom took the cup by the handle and she let go.

The next day, when the two subs where alone, the young sub said to the older, “I have to say something about what happened last night” “Yes” The older sub said as she set quietly be side her sewing a button on their Sire’s shirt. “You know better than any of us that we are not to deny Sire anything and yet you played that little game with him. You know we are to give him what ever he wants and that is the rule etc…” the young sub went on listing very valid points as to why the old subs conduct was unbecoming.

The old sub looked at her and said “I have been in this life a long time and I have an understanding of things that you don’t.” The young sub with all the attitude she could muster replied “Like what?” The old sub continued sewing the button onto the shirt began, “I understand that a subs life is full of rules that conflict and (or) contradict each other and that it is not my job to judge them but, to let them guide me in my duties. I also understand that it is up to each sub to make her own decisions based on not only those rules but, on her own judgment and that sometimes my choices will be right and sometimes they will be wrong and that I may be punished for doing something wrong but what I don’t understand is that I let go of that cup last night… why didn't you?”

No comments:

Post a Comment